Friday, December 9, 2011

Surrounded by Death

I feel like I'm surrounded by death. My father-in-law got to meet Nathan in Heaven on Wednesday morning. He passed away a little after 3am. We are having the viewing tomorrow, well... today since it's after midnight. The funeral is going to be Saturday. I'm exhausted so I'm going to make this posting quick. I know I haven't mentioned much about him being sick so I'll go into details in a later post.

Allen and I have been talking today and I have to say... I am honestly as peace with his decision to not be there and see Nathan. He went into detail today, as to why he made that decision. My husband amazes me more and more everyday. I love him so very much. I don't think he'll ever know how much today's conversation meant to me.

Today was very emotional. I went and bought Cameron's yearly ornament... so I went ahead and looked for something for Nathan. I couldn't help it... the tears starting falling before I could stop them when I saw the Baby's 1st Christmas ornaments. I couldn't help but think "Those are the ones I should be buying!" I looked and didn't see anything I liked. Hallmark really doesn't make an ornament for Baby's 1st Christmas in Heaven. I was almost ready to just say forget it. I was walking to the register to check out and I saw the Snowbabies and Precious Moments shelves. I went over to look and saw his ornament. It's an Angel Snowbaby with a star holding a little sign that says "2011". It has a small bird on its shoulder. My mother-in-law said she wanted a bird ornament to remember my father-in-law because like a bird... he is now free. (Cameron picked out a blue bird one for her.) I couldn't believe how perfect this ornament was. It's got both of them (Nathan and Richard) together! I was crying and so upset by the experience, I grabbed the bag and walked out of the store and forgot to sign the receipt. The lady had the "chase" me down in the mall "hall" outside the store to sign it.

1 comment:

  1. That ornament is adorable.

    Sending you lots of hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete