Monday, December 12, 2011

Tough Day

It's been a really tough day. It feels like everything is crumbling around me. My father-in-law just passed away on December 7th. My mother-in-law is struggling. After 50 years of marriage, she is alone and heartbroken. Last night was her first night alone. My sister-in-law has stayed with her since my father-in-law passed but has returned home. She slept on the couch at her house last night and has cried off and on all day today. I feel so helpless. Nathan was supposed to be born on December 21st via scheduled c-section and I was supposed to have my remaining tube tied. He was supposed to be our last baby. I should be opening gifts on Christmas morning with an almost 4 year old and a 4 day old. We haven't bought a tree or decorated. We've bought some gifts for our older son but anything beyond that... I think is going to be a stretch. Nathan's original due date was December 30th. My mom is having eye surgery tomorrow. She is going to have to stay face down for 10 days afterwards. I'm struggling with Nathan's dates coming up, my father-in-law's passing, my mom having to rely on me for everything, working, taking care of my older son, being there for my husband, etc... I will be so glad when January gets here. I'm praying that next year will be a better year.

1 comment:

  1. I hope things calm down soon. That's a lot to deal with. Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete