Thursday, November 10, 2011

Give the Gift of Life

I noticed a sign at work last week that mentioned we were having a blood donation drive and I thought about Josh's post. I went to HR and signed up. It's the first time I've ever donated blood. I was SO nervous but I knew it was a good thing to do. Here is the picture I took and what I shared on my Facebook.

Since I was trying to text/post my picture, from the blood drive, with one hand... I didn't get a chance to tell you the "story" behind my decision to donate. I'd never really thought about donating until I came across a blog last month, in which a family lost their daughter Margot. She was stillborn on March 24, 2011. Her mother almost died during that time but was saved by blood and platelet transfusions. So, in memory of a precious little angel (who I'm sure was there to welcome my Nathan into Heaven)... today I donated blood for the very first time in my life. Josh, please know that you are NOT the only person who thought of your little girl today. She was with me as I watched my blood leave my body and flow into the bag. I pray that it will help save a life. I pray that it will save someone's family from having to say goodbye. I hope they don't have to feel the pain that we've felt... a pain that comes with leaving a hospital with empty arms and a broken heart. Friends and family: I encourage you to find a local blood donation center or blood drive and consider donating blood in memory of little Margot. http://www.redcrossblood.org

No comments:

Post a Comment