Sunday, January 15, 2012

Too Many Angels

My heart breaks every time I read about another child dying.

One minute, I'm reading about a 10-day old baby getting washed in the washing machine for an entire wash cycle and the next I'm reading about a mother having to prepare to say goodbye to her 2 1/2 year old son, after watching him struggle daily with EB.

I can't make heads or tails of it. The parents who could care less, are killing their children or abusing them or just plain out ignoring or neglecting them. Parents who actually love and want their child are having to say goodbye because their child was taken, much too soon, from their arms or body. It just plain out sucks and seems so unfair. (big sigh)

I've been on a reading kick here lately and giving my Kindle a workout... something that Nika started! ;-) Need something to read? Try one of these:

For One More Day - Mitch Albom
The First Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom
The Shack - William Young
Heaven in Real - Todd Burpo

2 comments:

  1. That's something I never understood, even long before losing my own babies. Now it makes even less sense and hurts my heart even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent the early part of the day in tears over Tripp's death. My heart aches for Courtney.. I know what you mean about all of the loss. It just seems so insurmountable sometimes...

    ReplyDelete