Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thoughts

Everyone is in bed and I'm sitting here thinking of what life would be like, having another little one in the house. Nathan would be 2 weeks and 4 days old today. I can't help but think back to when Cameron was that age. I've been sitting here looking through his baby pictures. (This picture was taken on the day he came home from the hospital.)

Oh, how I miss him being a baby! What I wouldn't give to go back. We were so blessed, as he was such an easy baby! There are days when I'm so glad to be past the days of diapers, bottles, breastfeeding and a million pieces of "baby gear" all over the house. But then, there are days when I really miss it. It's a bittersweet feeling, I suppose.

I think that as I go through Nathan's "supposed to be first year"... I'm going to go back through Cameron's. I hope that it will give me some positive and happy feelings, as well as, remind me to parent and mommy the living child that I'm blessed to have here on Earth.

I'll be honest and say that, I've been so caught up in MY feelings and MY grief... I've neglected my role as a mother to a living child. Poor Cameron has had a rough year and I really need to get back on track and try to make things stable for him. I need to remember to slow down and take time to enjoy HIM.

So far, this blog has been mainly sad, depressing, grief-stricken and all about Nathan. Well, as the title clearly states... my life includes, not only an angel but a doodle also. ;-)

As you've read and learned everything there is to know about Nathan, now I think its time to let Cameron shine in the spotlight also. Stay tuned, as I will be telling you a little about my doodle, Cameron in the posts coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment