Friday, September 2, 2011

Doctor Bill & Ultrasound

I've been debating for a couple weeks now, whether or not, to call my OB and ask for a copy of the pictures they took at my last appointment. The one where they told me Nathan was gone. I remember it seemed like she was taking a lot of pictures but I guess she wasn't taking many... just measurements. I finally called and I went today to pick them up. Well, 'them' turned out to be one. One picture. One picture of my son is all I got. I'm kinda wishing now that I had just left well enough alone.

I get home from the doctor's office and what does my lovely mailbox hold? The OB's bill charging me $1,900 for a vaginal delivery. They're kidding, right? I call the office to dispute the charges because I never saw the doctor. The 3rd shift nurse named Heather delivered my baby. I saw the doctor for a total of about 5 minutes the entire time I was in the hospital. It was long enough for him to basically tell me to "hang in there". I refuse to pay him $1,900 for his time. She said the doctor's submit their own charges. She supposed to look into it and call me back.

***UPDATE: Apparently, it was a "billing error". She said they've reimbursed the insurance company and they'll send me a new statement.***

Today sucks. I have to leave for work in about 30 minutes and I just want to hide under the covers. Allen seems to be in a crappy mood and it doesn't make me feel any better. My therapist recommended that I talk to him about how I've been feeling. I was thinking about it but now, I don't even see the point. I feel like nobody cares... like they're all just saying/acting like I should just get over this and pretend it never happened. I don't want to forget Nathan... but part of me wishes it were that easy. Forgetting and living without this pain and hole in my heart would be so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment