Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Still Here

I know it seems as though I dropped off the planet... but I didn't. I'm still here. I just hit a dry spell and really had nothing to write. I had so many things on my mind but I just didn't have the energy or desire to actually write anything. I spent that time catching up on the blogs I follow.

I'm out of work this week for the 4th of July so I've been trying to alternate cleaning and relaxing. We have a huge consignment sale (WeeRuns) that comes to our area twice a year. I've been shopping there since I was pregnant with Cameron and I've been consigning for about 3 years now. I shop on one night, for him, and buy for the entire season. This current sale is going to be the fall/winter sale and so I will buy everything to last him through fall/winter. After I shop WeeRuns, I rarely ever have to buy him anything from a retail store. I love it! I'm able to get him like new or nice, name brand clothes at a fraction of what I would spend retail. The last 2 years I've sold everything I've consigned. I've either made a profit or broke even, based on what I consign vs. what I buy, so it's kinda like swapping his clothes out as he grows. I've got an appointment to drop off my items on Sunday so I've got to get everything finished by then. I finished cleaning out Cameron's toys today. My goodness... the boy had way too many! I ended up with a huge suitcase full. Tomorrow, I'm going to go through his clothes and hopefully start tagging everything. His poor closet is so jam packed... I can't wait to get it cleaned out. I've been going and sorting the clothes he can't wear. Plus, since his toys are cleaned out... there are some in his closet. (We've cut down enough to where all his toys fit in his room! I've cleaned off 8 bookshelves in my living room. I now have room to display pictures, etc.) I'm almost embarrassed to share the pictures. Don't worry though... I'll be sure to share to after pictures so that I have proof that his closet does NOT normally look like this.



I can tell that its summer because the hot weather is definitely here. It's been 100+ since last week. Cameron and I have been spending plenty of time in the pool since last weekend. Today, I think I spent a little too much time out there before I reapplied my sunscreen. I'm feeling a bit crispy! Thank goodness I lathered Cameron well enough and he did okay.



Since it's July, my mind and attention have definitely turned more to Nathan. I can't believe it's been almost a year since he was here in my arms. Part of me wants to "celebrate" his birthday privately and part of me wants to have a party and share his day with those around me. I talked to Allen about it and he seems a little uncomfortable with a party. He avoided the conversation with a, "We'll see." Either way, it will be a bittersweet day I'm sure. I definitely plan to have a cake for him and I've already ordered a sky lantern to release.

Whether we have a party of not, I enjoyed "pinning" lots of great party ideas... just for him! Since he reminds me of a butterfly, I wanted to do "The Hungry Caterpillar". I know I want it to be rainbow colored inside but these are the "cakes" that I'm trying to decide between...




2 comments:

  1. We have an awesome consignment store for babies here. It's so much better than paying full price for some of this stuff!

    There's another one for women, and Bryan knows the owner. I've had a box of clothes ready for her since we moved into this new place....almost a year ago. Can you tell how bad my lack of motivation is? hahaha.


    I love the cupcakes, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a rainbow cake last year- it was awesome! Highly recommend it..

    ReplyDelete